Birthday Wishes Greetings Messages
A well-worded card is an excellent gift. It's the thought that counts. A thoughtful note is a simple way to bring a smile to someone's face. A birthday card is a great opportunity. Write something meaningful, inspiring, sincere, or funny. Make someone's day.
Below are different categories of birthday wishes, including specific examples. Sample each category and decide which birthday message is best for the person you are celebrating. Remember to personalize your greeting with something specific. Have fun, and let your own personality shine through.
Most funny birthday messages will poke fun at aging. Here are some jokes, funny wishes, and humorous sayings for birthday cards.
- You are getting really old for your age.
- How do you know you are really the age you think you are? Can you remember your own birth?
- Aging is hard work, and you've earned another year!
- Right now you are the oldest you've ever been in the past and the youngest you'll ever be in the future. Enjoy this moment!
- A jury of your peers has decided that you are guilty on several counts of not looking your age.
- Think of age as a speed limit. The older you get, the faster you can go.
- If you continue to look so young for your age, scientists will demand to study your secrets.
- I don't believe that it's your birthday. You don't look any older than you did last year.
- I think it's time to start being honest about your age. You need to start including your B.C. years.
- You're so old, I bet your watch measures time in centuries.
- If you were a piece of gum, you would be Extra sugar-free gum. You've lasted a long time.
- Your country gave you your first birthday present: your citizenship!
- There's a strong correlation between total number of birthday cards received over one's lifetime and the likelihood of death. Now how do you feel about those people who always remember to give you a birthday card?
- You know you're getting old when you get a sympathy card for your birthday. (Put this in a general sympathy card)
- The older you get, the older I feel. So please stop getting older.
- If people celebrate you this many times just for being born, shouldn't they also celebrate all the real accomplishments you've made in your life?
- Happy birthday! You're one year closer to your death day. (For the pessimist)
- It's debatable whether birthdays are actually good for you. Each birthday lowers your life expectancy by one year. On the other hand, those who have the most birthdays tend to have the highest life expectancy.
- I was going to get a cake with a picture of you just after you were born printed on top, but the cake decorator said it was easier to just give you the cake with Yoda. 'May the force be with you young Jedi.'
These are some famous funny quotes. The actual quote is in quotation marks and may be accompanied by a suggestion for how to make it a better or funnier message:
- Michael Pritchard said, “You don’t stop laughing because you are old; you grow old because you stop laughing.” I hope you have tons of laughs on your birthday!
- Job 12:12 in the Bible says, “With the ancient is wisdom, and in length of days understanding.” Congratulations on acquiring a little more wisdom and understanding today.
- Sue Banducci said, “Old age comes at a bad time.” Maybe that’s why it’s such a good time to have a party and eat cake.
- Tammy Mein said, “After a certain age if you don’t wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.” Did you wake up with achy joints this morning?
- George Burns said, “You know you’re getting old when you stoop down to tie your shoes and wonder what else you can do while you’re down there.” Here's to the efficiency of old age. Happy birthday!
- George Burns said, “When I was young, the Dead Sea was still alive.” I hope you live as long as he did.
- On his 85th birthday, Bernard Baruch said, “To me, old age is always 15 years older than I am.” That was 100 years old for him. I’ll let you do the math for yourself.
- "Birthdays are like taxes. Both seem to happen too often and there's no avoiding either." –Blake Flannery
- "The only consolation you get for aging another year is knowing that everyone else you know is getting older too." –Blake Flannery
- "Your birthday is just one day, even though we think of being an entire year older. Time has a way of being sneaky until you stop to notice." –Blake Flannery